1. The local entrepreneur I interviewed did not want to be recorded so I'm going to type a transcript of our interview
My entrepreneur's company is called Noted Ink. It is a local stationary and invitation company.
Me: Who are your target customers?
Dina: People in need of invitations, personalized stationary, and note cards
Me: Where do you find your customers?
Dina: Through boutiques and shows at various organizations and schools as well as wedding showcases and manufacturer websites.
Me: What are the demographics of your customers?
Dina: Mainly brides, families, and women
Me: What are your customers' problems?
Dina: Most of my customers need notecards or personalized stationary for communication purposes or invitations to announce weddings or other multicultural events.
Me: On a scale from 1-10 how big do you believe this problem is for your customers?
Dina: Bride's a 10, everyone else around a 3
Me: Do your customers typically allocate a budget to fix this problem?
Dina: Yes. Bride's budgets are usually much larger than everyone else
2. My camera wasn't working, so this week I had to do audio recordings
Customer 1:
Customer 2:
Customer 3:
3. I believe that the entrepreneur adequately understands her customers' problems and knows how to fix them correctly and efficiently.
Juliana,
ReplyDeleteI really liked all the questions you asked the business owner. I think she captures her target customers very well and as you stated she understands them, which makes for a successful business. I also liked that you audio recorded the customers interviews since the camera was not working. When I interviewed the customers for my blog post they refuse to do an interview if I were to record them. Here is the link to my blog post, feel free to check it out when you can
http://ent1646.blogspot.com/2016/02/the-twenty-percent.html
Hello Juliana,
ReplyDeleteI didn't get a chance to do this assignment, so I cannot leave a blog post. But I liked the questions that you asked not only to the entrepreneur but also to the customers as well. You seemed like you got very good responses. It's unfortunate that the owner did not want to be recorded but that happens sometimes, you just have to roll with it.
Hi Juliana,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed your blog post! I think that it was really in depth and you asked a lot of really good questions. I enjoyed listening to your interviews. I always forget that we are allowed to do audio records, not just videos. I think this was a really good way to approach this assignment. I wasn't able to do this assignment, but after reading your post, I wish I did. Check my blog out: http://rachelquispe.blogspot.com
Hi Juliana,
ReplyDeleteLike many others, I did not complete this assignment, so I do not have a blog post for you. However, I have to say that I think it was clever to interview a local stationary shop owner, because it is interesting how sometimes stationary needs are at a 10 (weddings, birthdays, etc.), and sometimes it's close to 1 simply due to the time in the person's life. I think you did a great job interviewing, and I love the questions you asked your interviewee! Great job :)
Hi Juliana! Great job interviewing customers and an entrepreneur. I liked your last two questions asking to rate their personal problem and how much they would spend on fixing it. The rating especially gives entrepreneurs more of an understand of how many people would be interested in their product or service. I did not ask those questions in my interviews but these are good questions I can incorporate into future assignments. Great audio alternative by the way! Check my post out if you get the chance!
ReplyDelete-http://andreasentspace.blogspot.com/2016/02/80-20-rule.html
-Andrea
Hey Juliana, I really enjoyed reading your post and it is really interesting. The owner of Noted Ink seemed like she really knew who her 20 percent is and their problems/unmet needs. Also it is good to know that you provided audio recordings unlike some other students who didn’t upload video recordings or audio recordings. I didn’t get a chance to do this assignment because I was on spring break however you can still check out my blog:
ReplyDeletehttps://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=7423653201335911285#allposts/src=dashboard