1) What was the biggest surprise for you in the reading? In other words, what did you read that stood out the most as different from your expectations?
I found it surprising that the industries that had the highest return on invested capital were soft drinks and prepackaged software. I know that the soft drink industry makes a lot of money but I didn’t realize how high up on the list they were.
2) Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.
I thought the section on industry growth rates was a little bit confusing. Further explanation and one more example would help me understand the topic better.
3) If you were able to ask two questions to the author, what would you ask? Why?
1. What change in industry structure do you believe is the most detrimental to a business?
I would ask this question because I am curious and trust Porter's opinion
2. Why do you think eliminating rivals is a risky strategy?
I would ask this question because I would assume that it is a good strategy.
4) Was there anything you think the author was wrong about? Where do you disagree with what she or he said? How?
No I do not think the author was wrong about anything in this article.
No comments:
Post a Comment