1. Find and opportunity
Oftentimes, people come across others they know are famous but they can't figure out their name. I want to develop an app that allows you to take a picture of someone, upload it to the app, and then the app searches for you and determines who that person is.
2. Figure out who might have the unmet need
I think almost anyone can relate to this unmet need. You could see a famous person on a TV ad, in the newspaper, not necessarily just in person, and wonder who they are. Therefore, I think many people would benefit from this app because many times people blank out on well known peoples' names.
3. Come up with a list of questions
Begin with the typical introduction, how are you sequence
Then ask: have you ever been in a situation where you recognize a famous person but can't figure out their name?
Based on their response: ask if an app solving that problem would be worth it to them
4. Go talk to customers
5. Tell us what you learned about the opportunity
After asking 5 potential customers about my idea, I think this opportunity is legitimate and will be received well by the public. There are so many instances where I recognize the person but can't figure out their name and it drives me crazy. With this app, the problem will be solved.
6. Tell us what you learned about interviewing customers
While it is nerve-racking to go up to strangers and start asking them questions, once you do it the first time it becomes a lot easier. Their feedback is so beneficial that without it you would only be hurting yourself.
Hi Juliana,
ReplyDeleteAwesome job on these videos! I love reading your blog. Keep up the great work!
-Olivia, Your ENT3003 TA Mentor
Hi Julianna,
ReplyDeleteI think this idea is really cool, it could really help when watching a movie, as opposed to looking up the entire cast of the movie. My only problem with the idea is Im not sure I would be willing to buy it, I think you would have to try and work out a way to make a profit through advertisements. I think with your interviews, they could be made a little bit better by asking questions a little bit more open ended so you can really learn other people's thoughts, rather than almost taking a survey. Please check out my post if you have time at http://jdasher.blogspot.com/2016/01/customer-interviews-week-4_31.html#comment-form
I think this is a great idea that is simple enough to be possible, as well as abstract enough to be well-received from possible customers. I think you asked great questions and were able to amen the people you interviewed feel comfortable. I don't think you seemed at all nervous interviewing anyone, so you defiantly have already mastered this skill, which is an important skill to have to be an entrepreneur. I feel that you must have people skills and be personable with either potential customers, or potential investors. So overall, you did great! I hope you'll check out my blog where I tried to also perfect my interviewing skills.
ReplyDeletehttp://ent3003max.blogspot.com/2016/02/interviewing-customers-no-2.html