Sunday, February 21, 2016

Free Money


  • Where will you go?


I decided to stand on sorority row because it is a very populated area.



  • What kind of people will you approach?

I decided to approach random girls that seemed friendly.



  • What will you say to get the conversation started?

In order to get the conversation started I asked the girls their name and then proceeded to 


ask if they would take my $1 bill.



  • What is your plan for the conversation?

I started by asking them their name and then asked if they would take the $1 bill. They


then asked me why. When they asked me why I said that I believe in good karma and 


that if I do something good for someone, one day something good will happen to me.


Most people believed me and took the $1 bill.



  • Out of five attempts, how many dollar bills do you think you will be able to give away. 

I thought I would be able to give 3 of the 5 away but I ended up giving 4 of the 5 away.








Overall I think giving away a dollar was easier than I thought. People seemed to believe my reasoning and it wasn't like I was giving away $100 where they would have been very suspicious it was only $1. I predicted that 3 people would take my dollar and it turned out that 4 people did.

3 comments:

  1. Great job! I really like how thorough you were with this assignment. I found your reasoning very believable and think that was clever. I'm curious if you would've gotten similar results if you were to asks boys as well. It's great that you were able to convince the majority of people to take the dollar too. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Juliana. I like how you came off so approachable that the women whom you were giving a dollar to, did not seem to feel uncomfortable by a stranger giving them one dollar. You definitely approached the right people. I approached people who seemed to be awkward but I just thought this assignment was awkward in general. For instance, this one girl who I gave a dollar to, really wanted to be on camera and she expected more money. Here is a link to my free money post. http://clarissaidos.blogspot.com/2016/02/free-money.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Juliana,
    I used the same excuse lol! Though people around my area were a little bit more awkward about everything. They thought it was some sort of weird prank or that I was just some reverse beggar lol. I should have thought about going to somewhere more public but honestly I just did it in my own complex out of convenience. Heres the link to mine if you want to check it out. It was really awkward but I got free food out of it!
    http://dleonent.blogspot.com/2016/02/free-money.html

    ReplyDelete