Monday, February 22, 2016

Week 8 Reading Reflection



1) What was the biggest surprise for you in the reading? In other words, what did you read that stood out the most as different from your expectations? 

I found Social Lending and Crowdfunding to be a very surprising concept. I found it to be surprising because if commercial lenders are not willing to loan money to certain companies, then I don’t know why other people would be. However, it is good for those companies who need the money now.

2) Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.

The section covering equity financing was a little confusing to me. I don’t know why someone would invest money with no legal obligations, it sounds a little too risky for me. Therefore, further explanations could help me understand better.

3) If you were able to ask two questions to the author, what would you ask? Why?

a. Who are examples of “sophisticated investors”?
I would ask this question because the definition is given in the book, however, no examples are provided. Examples of actual people would help me understand the concept better.

b. Which of the 5 myths do you think is the most common?
I am just curious about the myths, so I would love to hear Kuratko’s opinion.

4) Was there anything you think the author was wrong about? Where do you disagree with what she or he said? How?

No I do not think the author was wrong about anything in this chapter. I agree with everything he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment