Existing Market
Step 1:
The next expansion in my business will be to expand my app to be able to identify more than just celebrities. My app will now be able to identify brand logos, famous landmarks, and famous artwork. By being able to identify more, this will increase the amount of customers I have due to the multi-functionality the app can now provide.
Step 2:
Natalie
Kimberly
Winston
Step 3:
The customers I interviewed gave me great feedback for how to further expand my company. Natalie told me that I should enable the app so that you can take a picture of someone's clothes and the app can identify what website those clothes can be purchased on. From personal experience, I have often been in the position where I love something one of my friends is wearing and they can't remember where they got it from. With this app, this problem will be solved. My app can help solve people's questions and increase business for other companies as well.
For the future, I plan to start by just allowing my app to identify celebrities, then expand to landmarks, brand logos, and artwork, and then work up to identify apparel. I want to begin slow so that I can develop a solid customer basis and then grow from there.
New Market
Step 1:
My target market is young adults who are interested in pop culture and keeping up with celebrities lives. As my new market, I decided to use middle aged adults who don't have an interest in pop culture.
Step 2:
I think my app may be able to create value for middle aged adults who are not interested in pop culture by sparking their interest. Although these people may not particularly care about pop culture, due to my apps convenience I believe many of them would give my app a chance and potentially like it.
Step 3:
Nikki
Fred
Amelia
Step 4:
I learned a lot from this new market. The three people I interviewed all said that they would be open to trying my app. Being open minded is all I can ask for, and once they try my app hopefully they like it and continue to use it.
The people I interviewed said that they would be open to trying my app so that they could relate to their kids more and partake in more conversations with others about pop culture. I was not surprised by their responses and think they proved my assumptions to be true. While this market may not be as appealing as my existing market, I definitely find this market appealing and will try to pursue this segment as much as possible.
Hello Julianna! I think your plan for what's next sounds great! I believe that the process of taking these steps will be where you find your greatest fulfillment. Developing the art of becoming a leader while alongside becoming the face of your brand will inflict you with true happiness. I wish you and your team all the best of luck in the coming future. I am confident that you all will achieve success on many different levels! Check out my blog:https: https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=2458344027561127149#overview/src=dashboard
ReplyDeleteHi Juliana! I love that you were able to get feedback from others. It’s cool that you introduced your app in almost an elevator-type method. It sounds like your customers, the “existing” market, were very in-tune with your product. The people I surveyed were also interested in my idea. I also like that for your new market, you targeted a demographic that might not even be open to it. Keep working hard! Here’s my blog if you wanted to take a look: http://youreamuggle.blogspot.com/2016/04/whats-next.html
ReplyDelete