Sunday, March 20, 2016

Week 10 Reading Reflection



1) What was the biggest surprise for you in the reading? In other words, what did you read that stood out the most as different from your expectations?

I was surprised to see the term mixed costs. I know there are fixed costs and variable costs, but i never knew there was a blend of the two.

2) Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.

I found the pro forma statements to be slightly confusing. The way the author explained this concept was not very clear to me. Possibly, if there were more examples and a clearer explanation I would understand better.

3) If you were able to ask two questions to the author, what would you ask? Why?

     a. Which approach do you think is better? The contribution margin approach or the graphic 
          approach?

I would ask this question because I am curious and believe this could help me in the future.

     b. What do you believe is the best asset to possess?

I would ask this question because I am curious and trust Kuratko’s opinion.

4) Was there anything you think the author was wrong about? Where do you disagree with what she or he said? How?

I do not believe Kuratko was wrong about anything in this chapter. Mostly everything discussed was very fact based, not opinion based.

No comments:

Post a Comment