Tuesday, March 22, 2016
My Unfair Advantage
1. My organization (human capital)
My organization is unique and I have my own way of doing things. Obviously others are organized as well, however, no one is exactly how I am.
2. My outgoing personality to accomplish my goals (human capital)
My outgoing personality and determination provides me the drive to accomplish my goals and achieve my business. Again, other people are obviously determined and outgoing as well, however everyone is different.
3. My friend Christie who knows how to code for my app (human capital)
My friend Christie knows JAVA and other languages of code and she can help me bring the app to life. While other people know how to code as well, my friend Christie and I live together so she can help me very conveniently
4. My friend Dani who is very creative and can help me with the design layout (human capital)
My friend Dani is very creative and even has her own business making sneakers. I can learn from her on how she runs her current company and she can help me with the design layout of my app. Again, other people can provide these services as well, but my friend Dani and I live together so she can help me very easily.
5. Kenny McDonough (social capital, one of the people I contacted last week)
One of the people I contacted last week offered to help me and provide me advice throughout my journey. I believe this a very good network and source of social capital.
6. Scott Goldstein (social capital, one of the people I contacted last week)
One of the people I contacted last week works in the technology sector and he can help advance my app immensely.
7. Amy Josephson (social capital, one of the people I contacted last week)
One of the people I contacted last week specializes in marketing various apps. This contact can help me advertise my app to the correct sector of the market.
8. My cousin Erica who works in PR and can help me market the app (social capital)
My cousin Erica works at a PR firm in New York City and has a lot of experience in the marketing field. She too can help market my app to the correct people.
9. My parents (financial capital)
My parents will help support me, to a certain extent, in building my business.
10. My savings (financial capital)
I will use my own personal savings to begin my business.
I believe my top resource is one of the people I networked with last week, Amy Josephson. Amy specializes in both technology and marketing which I believe are the two most important aspects to my business. Therefore, I believe Amy Josephson is the most beneficial.
Labels:
Week 11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hello Juliana,
ReplyDeleteThis was a great post! It was cool that you valued one of the people you networked with as your top resource. In the business world, there are few things that are more important than networking. I similarly networked with people that can help me in the marketing and distribution fields, and I hold them as a top resource. Overall, great job!
You did a great job finding your advantage. I like the fact that you do not overlook using your family and friends as an advantage and finding so many different ways to utilize them for different things. That ability to versatile will help you out a lot.
ReplyDeleteHere is a link to my blog if you want to take a look at it.
http://wjkms.blogspot.com/2016/03/my-unfair-advantage.html
I like how you did a VRIN analysis on primarily individuals through the network you have built. I think this important how you can see value in others and how they can help you reach your goals (while you help them reach theirs). Although I’m not sure exactly what your app is, it seems like it’s in the marketing realm, and having a wide range of marketing/PR specialist on your team is very important, and the fact that Amy is both versed in technology and marketing makes her a good resource for your concept.
ReplyDeleteYou can check out my post at http://ufentclassblog.blogspot.com/2016/03/my-unfair-advantage.html