Friday, March 25, 2016

Amazon Whisperer


  • Describe the revenue drivers you currently include in your business concept for this class. Revenue drivers are the different ways you make money. 
In order to make money for my app, I am going to have advertisements pop up on the app that costs $1.29 and no advertisements on the app that costs $3.29. Therefore, those who want to avoid ads can, just at a higher cost. This way I make money on both versions of the app.

  • Describe what kind of product offering you believe should be next. What's the next thing your customers want?
Right now my app solely identifies and describes celebrities. The next thing my app is going to do is recognize famous landmarks, statues, brand logos, and team logos.

  • Describe how this "next" thing will enhance your existing product/service offering. Does it improve the user experience, does it increase customer switching costs, does it foster customer loyalty, etc.?
This “next” thing will enhance my existing product and improve the user experience by answering more questions for my consumers. While of course my consumers could simply type a bunch of things into google to get an answer, this app allows you to quickly take a picture to get your answer. There is no need to open google and try and type something in that the computer can identify. This app answers questions for consumers in an easy and effortless manner.

  • Go to Amazon and try to find a product that is similar to the one you want to offer next. Describe the product. Include a picture of the product.
Unfortunately, my business is an app and Amazon does not offer a product similar to mine. The only thing semi-related I could come up with is the game 20 questions. My app is essentially a much easier, simpler, and high tech version of 20 questions. Instead of waiting around and asking 20 questions, a simple picture provides you the answer.


  • What are the customer reviews for the product? What, exactly, do customers not like about the product? What do they like about it?
Customers love this product. Many say it provides their family with so much entertainment and the device almost always answers the questions correctly. However, most people do not like the latest version they like the one in the picture above the most.

  • Describe what design/usability changes you'd make to the product. 
I would update the product to look slimmer and more modern, while mostly keeping the same functionality as that is what the customers want.

  • Describe why you think this product would make a good addition to your current product/service offering.
Again, since my business is an app I wasn’t able to find a product that made a good addition to my business. I simply thought the two were semi related.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Juliana,
    I think its a little funny that you made the connection between your idea and the 20 questions game. I am a little curious about your "next" product though. I don't really see it as a next, but an expansion of the capabilities of your current idea. Regardless, I find it a pretty good idea.
    Thanks for sharing! Here s a link to my own post as per requirement: http://ablog4c.blogspot.com/2016/03/the-amazon-whisperer.html

    ReplyDelete