1) You. Who you are. What your talents are. What your skills and experiences are. Also: what are your aspirations? Specifically regarding your business concept, how do you see this business (if you were to start it) playing a role in your life?
I am Juliana and I am a Finance major and an Entrepreneurship minor. I am very organized and detail oriented. I am better at crunching numbers and computing statistics than being creative, however, I believe my idea is useful. Even if I don't end up developing this app myself, I hope someone does because I really believe it is beneficial.
2) What are you offering to customers? Describe the product or service (in other words, how you'll solve customers' unmet needs).
There have been so many instances where my friends, family, and I see a famous person and recognize them, but not be able to recall their name. It can be a celebrity you see in person, on TV, or in an advertisement, anywhere. This app will allow you to take a picture of the celebrity's face, upload the picture to the app, and then the app will search the internet for you and provide you with the name of that person.
3) Who are you offering it to? Describe, in as much detail as possible, the demographic and psychographic characteristics of your customers. Think especially of this question: what do your customers all have in common?
I am offering this app to anybody who is interested in pop culture. If you have no interest in knowing who famous people are, then this app isn't for you. However, most people in today's world pay attention to pop culture or at least want to know celebrities names. Therefore, anyone can use my app.
4) Why do they care? Your solution is only valuable insofar as customers believe its valuable to them. Here, explain why customers will actually pay you money to use your product or service.
I believe customers would pay money to use my app because for $1.29 your uncertainty can be answered. I know for me and my friends, I can't stop thinking about that person until I can come up with their name. If not, it will bug me forever. Therefore, I believe people will buy and use this app.
5) What are your core competencies? What sets you apart from everyone else? Also: what do you have that nobody else has?
An app like this doesn't exist. There are many website and apps that allow you to type in a question and it will spit out an answer, but none let you upload a picture. Therefore, I believe this app is different and innovative and will succeed.
I believe these 5 aspects mesh well together and that this app (CelebMe) has a chance at succeeding. With the proper funds, technology, and advertisement I think it can be achieved and successful.
Juliana, I think this app is a very good idea. I know my family would definitely use this. It's always entertaining when we see someone on TV and cannot think of their name and then hours later someone brings it back up and it bothers everyone all over again. I also love your app name! CelebMe is perfect for it!
ReplyDeletecheck out mine:http://andiev.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html
Hey Juliana,
ReplyDeleteYour idea seems really unique and definitely solves a problem that I have encountered once or twice. I am a little curious as to how your product would raise capital to fund the creation of your app. Do you intend to charge people to download the app? Also isn’t it relatively easy to simply google the name of the show or movie and see the cast list? If you get a chance check out my post. https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=8729527358278987898#editor/target=post;postID=8208085262382241779;onPublishedMenu=posts;onClosedMenu=posts;postNum=3;src=postname
Hello Juliana,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your post, though I admit I would probably not be a part of your application’s target market. It’s like Shazam for video. I definitely see many people using the app, as pop culture (reality TV, etc.) is central to the lives of many here. One concern would be that it may face steep competition once the algorithm is designed. Shazam, for example, faced this trouble. Great job with your idea, though, and I wish you luck!
I have attached a link to my post below.
http://entrepreneurship3003blog.blogspot.com/2016/02/week-6-idea-napkin-no-1.html