Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Google Gold

1) A discussion of your general approach and strategy to search engine optimization (SEO). What were some of the activities you did for each blog post to pursue SEO? 

     I made sure to organize my blogs very well and title them accordingly. Many of my terms used in my blog post correlated with the terms used in my title. Therefore, that hopefully increased my SEO.

2) What were your keywords. How did you select those keywords? Did you change or refine your keywords through the semester?

     My keywords depended on the blog post. However, some key words used throughout all of my posts are: entrepreneur, marketing, opportunity, and capital. I selected these as some of my keywords because I feel they represent this class and the assignments appropriately. Hopefully, when people are searching google for things related to entrepreneurship, my blog will come up.

3) How did you use social media to enhance your SEO efforts? What your your surprises or general impression of using social media to improve your blog's profile? Was social media generally receptive of your blog, or did it get ignored?

     I didn't really post my blog on Facebook or Twitter, but I did send it to my friends and family. By word of mouth my blog had spread to many people. However, now looking back, I probably should have posted my blog more on social media in order to increase my SEO. 
     What surprised me most was how some posts had significantly more views than others. Overall, social media was generally receptive to my blog.

4) What was your most "viral" post? In other words, which post obtained the most traffic? Why do you think?

     My most viral post was "Worlds Biggest Problems". This may have been my most viral post since this post deals with big, real world issues. There are many problems in the world these days that many people are concerned about. Whenever people hear about a new issue they investigate to find out as much information as possible. Therefore, maybe people really agreed with the 5 problems I identified so many people wanted to inquire further.

5) Finally, did you make it to the first page of Google results for your keywords? If not, what page of results did you make it to?

     I did not make it onto the first page of Google results and it was very difficult to find my blog. Therefore, I definitely need to work on my SEO



     

2 comments:

  1. Juliana,

    This class and blog made me realize how difficult it is to perform an efficient Search Engine Optimization for your site. Now I can see why some businesses pay some hefty bills to promote their website and products on Google searches. I hope this assignment taught you the importance of SEO and may open up a consideration for a future career in SEO!

    Check out my blog here http://kevindoanent3003.blogspot.com/2016/04/google-gold.html

    ReplyDelete

  2. Hi Juliana,

    Great job figuring out SEO! I personally had difficulty with it at first but go the hang of it after some tinkering. Really impressed with how you were able to understand it and make it work!

    Here's mine! http://kellyquinnart.blogspot.com/2016/04/google-gold.html

    ReplyDelete