Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Final Reflection

What sticks out to you as the most formative experience? The experience that you'll remember years later? What was your most joyous experience? What experience are you most proud of yourself for accomplishing?

     The most formative experience I had in ENT3003 was the Venture Concept assignment. The Venture Concept assignment really tied together all of my hard work throughout the semester and simply compiled my business into a one page summary. My most joyous experience was the Bug List assignment. Trying to come up with so many bugs was a fun test for myself and I really enjoyed it. I was the most proud of the Growing Social Capital assignment. I thought this assignment was difficult but I felt accomplished once I finished.

At the beginning of the semester, I mentioned that I wanted each of you to develop an entrepreneurial mindset. And we repeated the mantra -- I am an entrepreneur. Now, at the end, do you see yourself as an entrepreneur? Do you think you have moved closer to developing an entrepreneurial mindset?

     I definitely see myself as more of an entrepreneur than before this class started. However, I wouldn't say I am a true entrepreneur. I have more of an entrepreneurial mindset but I still wouldn't consider myself a legitimate entrepreneur. 

What is the one recommendation you would make to the students who are going to journey down this path in the future? What would you recommend they do to perform best in this course? What would you recommend they do to foster that mindset?

     The recommendation I would make to students who decide to take this class is pick an idea you are passionate about and then build your business around that. If you do not care about your business, this class will be very difficult for you. You must truly have a desire to grow your business and put in the necessary effort.


3 comments:

  1. Hello there Juliana,

    I agree with you that the Venture Concept was the most formative. I thought the entire process of the Venture Concept was great and I really enjoyed evolving the idea over the semester. I also thought your advice to future students was awesome. I chose to develop a tool used for camping. I've been camping and have loved the outdoors my entire life, so the project was something which I was definitely passionate about. I wish you the best of luck and check mine out if you have a moment: http://breident3003.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Juliana! Great post. That's awesome that you got some good experiences out of some of the assignments. Much like you, I don't really feel like a legit entrepreneur either. But I think having an entrepreneurial mindset can help you in almost any field. I definitely agree with you about picking something you are passionate about. This class dives into your ideas intensively, so picking something you love is important. I wish you the best of luck! Here is my post if you want to check it out: http://morganjohnsonblog.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Max, great post! I feel exactly the same way. I also see myself more as an entrepreneur now. But It feels so good to look back and review all the assignments we have done for this class. Plus the fact that we would never forget all the assignment we despised makes the difference. Good luck on everything
    http://erickbvu.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection-week-15.html

    ReplyDelete